Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Sweet Sunday Sketch and Curtain Call Challenge

Hey everyone!   I have one card to share in two challenges today.   My cards is for both the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and the Curtain Call Challenge.    I have not done the Curtain Call challenge before but my favorite MFT is sponsoring the challenge this week, so I had to join along.    I started off with the sweet MFT A la Mode You're My Cup of Tea.   I looked thru my stamps for an image with a cup or cocoa in it.  I spotted my A la Mode image and it was perfect.   The  Curtain Call Challenge is an inspirational challenge.  




I was inspired by the blues, chocolates, cocoa and marshmallows in this photo.   Although the sentiments in the set are for tea, I am pretending it is a cup of cocoa.   She was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.    I used Copic Xpress it card stock.   I find this is the best card stock for me to blend colors together.  


The sketch is from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I turned the sketch on the side and added the sentiment strip.   The card was aged with Distress Inks in Tea Dye and Vintage Photo.    The papers are from an older paper pad from My Mind's Eye Indie Chic collection, it is called Nutmeg.   Perfect for this challenge!  



I added some pearls to mimic the steam coming up from the hot cup of cocoa (tea).      




Skin: E00, E11, R20 
Hair: YR21, YR23
Dress/Headband:  B95, B93, B91, E41
Cup: E34, E33, E31, E29, E59
Shoes/Tag/Shading: W5, W3, W1, W00






Other items used: 

Stamps:  MFT A la Mode You're My Cup of Tea
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress ink Tea Dye and Vintage Photo
Papers:  SU Baja Breeze, MFT Nightshift Blue, MME Indie Chic Nutmeg
Cool tools:  MFT: Pierced Rectangle Stax, Rectangle Stax 1, Blueprints 1, 2 & 4,  SU Pearls, Blending tool, White Uniball Signo Broad Gel Pen, Silver Wink of Stella pen

On the inside, I layered an additional layer of Baja Breeze card stock along with a light paper from MME pack.   I stamped the A la mode image again in SU Baja Breeze and added a greeting of Thank You from the MFT LJD Pretty Poppies set.    (Sorry I did not take a photo of the inside.   I will have to remember in the future! :-) 

Thanks for stopping by!   Hope you have a warm and fantastic week! 






1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful card from you! How cute are the ALM stamps! I love them. Well, I love all of the MFT stamps (ha ha). I think both of us could compete for MFT's biggest fan. I have almost every MFT stamp and die...and I would guess you do too! xxx best wishes, Becky

    ReplyDelete