Monday, February 17, 2014

MFT Wednesday Stamp Club - MFTWSC163

My mojo is off this week.  I had a really hard time trying to decide how to start with this week's sketch. Sometimes it is like that for me and other times it flows freely.    So I pulled out some stamp sets to get me started.   I love MFT Lisa Johnson's Pretty Poppies.  It is probably one of my favorites.  So when my mojo is gone, start with a stamp set that you love.  







For the main panel, I used the background stamp from MFT LJD Pretty Poppies and stamped it in fuse green onto MFT Whip Cream card stock.  It was layered on some MFT Fuse Green card stock.    I used Blueprints 5 & 6 to cut the layers to give a soft rounded edge.  Then layered on a A2 panel of Steel Grey.   Next I went thru my dies and started pulling out some random dies that I thought might work with the sketch.     Sometimes, I go to my Pinterest board and look thru cards that I have pinned for some inspiration.    I found this pin and decided I wanted to add a little bit of this card to my card.   So I used the MFT Peek-a-boo dots die to put dots on only one side of my pink layer and then backed it with the Whip Cream card stock again.  I rounded the edges with my Corner Chomper.    

Then it started coming together.   I keep a jar full of felt flowers that I have made with some MFT flower dies and felt.    I have them already made up so when I want to use one, it saves me some time.   I pulled out a Bubble Gum Pink Mini Hybrid Heirloom rose and paired with with a Fuse Green Mini Delicate Doily, Natural Button, some twine and Steel Grey Leaf Filled Flourish.   

I then cut a Steel Grey Stitched strip from Blueprints 1 and added a Whip Cream Fishtail Flag banner stamped with the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Pretty Poppies stamp set.    I added two pearls at the top and it was finished!!  Whew!!   

After all was said and done, I thought it turned out pretty nice.     Let me know what you think!   


Stamps:  MFT LJD Pretty Poppies
Ink:  Fuse Green, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: all MFT, Whip Cream, Steel Grey. Fuse Green, Pink Lemonade
Tools:  all MFT, Leaf filled flourish, Mini Delicate Doily, Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose, Bubblegum Felt, Natural Button, Twine, Pearls (not MFT)


No comments:

Post a Comment