Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge - SSSC223

I was able to play this week in the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.   Yea!!    I discovered that she posts her sketches on Saturday evening on Facebook, so I got a head start with the sketch.    I started with MFT Birdie Brown You're Super.   I went thru Pintrest to look for color combos -- I ended up with some pinks, grays and black and loved how they turned out on the card.   The pink is Strawberry Slush from Stampin UP.  I tend to hoard this card stock cause I just love the color.  


When I started this card, I knew that I wanted a sunburst behind the Supergirl and used my MFT Sunray Stencil and my distress inks to make a vibrant sun burst.  


The stamped image was colored with Copic Markers and used the corrdinating die to cut out the image.   You cannot really see it in the photo but I covered her with some Wink of Stella Clear glitter to make her sparkle.    I just love her mask - it makes her look a little like Cat Women.   

All card stock and stamps were used to make the background for the sketch.    

Stamps:  MFT Birdie Brown You're Super, Linen Background, On the Diagonal Background
Ink: MFT Hybrid Black Licorice, Distress Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade, SU Strawberry Slush, SSS Fog Ink, Versamark
Paper: MFT Grout Grey, Steel Blue, Steel Grey, Smooth White, Copic Xpress it, SU Strawberry Slush, SU Basic Black
Tools:  MFT Pierced Circle Stax, Rectangle Frames, You're Super dies, MFT Skyline, Wink of Stella Clear, White Embossing Powder


I really loved how it turned out.   Love the color combo and will need to use this again!



Thanks for stopping by for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment