Sunday, June 28, 2015

You got a friend in me.... Mama Elephant & Patterned paper

It has been AGES since I used pattern paper on a card.  I came really close a few weeks ago when trying to clear up some stuff from my craft room putting in a donate pile all my patterned paper since it was not being used.    However, just recently I saw someone use patterned paper for scrap paper and thought to myself, that is a good idea.   I have been using thin copy paper that I buy.   It is thin, you can use it to mask, cover up an image when ink blending, splattering, etc.     So I thought I will hold on to it a little longer and make some use out of it.   I guess just thinking about the paper, I pulled some out while I was making cards and made several using my old trusty patterned paper!   I have gotten so use to stamping and making my own background, I had forgotten about my ole trusty friends.   I will share some cards this week that I created using patterned paper.    

Here is one today.  This is a stamp set that I love, so cute.  I tend to go for the cute, cuddly critter or people stamps.   It is the Ella & Friends stamp set by Mama Elephant.   I love the little images that can go with the Elephant.      I have really been trying NOT to buy any new stuff.  I realized that I have been buying more stamps sets than I can create with and some were only being inked up once or twice.   So this summer, I am trying really HARD not to BUY any new sets.    I break down every once in a while, I will admit that I am weak when the new releases come out and they are so darn cute!   So this is one of those sets that I really have not used very much.   And not because I don't adore it but I have only so much time to stamp!!!  




Stamps:  Mama Elephant Ella & Friends
Ink: MFT Hybrid Black Licorice, Versamark
Papers: PI Kraft, Neenah Solar White 110 lb, Basic Grey Clippings
Tools: MFT In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle, ME Index Card, Sewing machine,  Irresistible Pico Embellisher, Copics









Thanks for stopping by!  

I am entering this card into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes







No comments:

Post a Comment