Monday, September 7, 2015

Distress Ink Stamping - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Make it Colorful

Today I am sharing two cards (separate post for the second card) created using Distress Ink Stamping along with water to make an ink blended background.    First up is a card created with blues and brown distress ink.    I used Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Gathered Twigs.   I used a stamp from Stampendous called Butterfly Trio.     I inked up the stamp with the Distress inks and spritzed with water to get the ink moving.    Then I stamped the image on watercolor paper.    I actually stamped two impressions. The image below is the second generation of the stamp.   I spritzed with water and stamped on watercolor paper and then stamped.  Spritzed with water and stamped again to get a lighter impression and used for the card below.    I saved the initial image for another card.    I used some more distress ink and water and then flicked the card with some ink splatter.   I added some Heidi Swap Gold Color Shine to add some sparkle.




Stamps:  Stampendous Butterfly Trio, Verve Scripture Melody 1
Inks: Distress Inks Cracked Pistashio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Gathered Twigs, MFT Hybrid Hot Fudge, SU Soft Suede(sponged edges)
Papers: SU Soft Suede, Watercolor, Misc paper pad scraps
Tools: Avery Elle Finished Frames Die, MFT Blueprints 5, Heidi Swap Gold Color Shine, Sewing machine


Thanks for stopping by!   






1 comment:

  1. Totally in love with your card!! So poetic and gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make It Colorful” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete