Saturday, September 12, 2015

Ink Smooshing with Stencils - My Favorite Things Card Design Contest

I used my stencil and Distress Inks and did a smoothing technique on some watercolor card stock to create a background for a fall themed card.       Using a stencil on the backside, smooth some Distress inks in various spots.   For my card, I used Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade and Gathered Twigs.  Then spritz it really good with some water and flip the stencil over and smooth it on to the watercolor paper.    I use some copy paper to place on top and run my hands over the stencil and watercolor paper to press the ink into the paper.   You need to really spritz it with some water and get the colors moving before you flip it on to the water color paper.    I then water colored my Pure Innocence stamp with distress inks on water color paper. 




Stamps:  My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Thankful Friend
Inks: MFT Hybrid Hot Fudge, Versamark, Distress Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade, Gathered twigs, Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive, Brushed Corduroy, Spun Sugar, Tattered rose, Vintage Photo
Papers: SU Early Espresso, Vellum, Watercolor 
Tools:  MFT Pierced Circle Frames, MFT PI Thankful Friend Die, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins, SU Gold Embossing Powder, MFT Circle 1 Stax, MFT Wonky Chevron Stencil 






I am entering this card into the My Favorite Things Card Design Superstar contest. 



Thanks for stopping by!    


2 comments:

  1. Love your card! I must try this technique with the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. I love how you created the background on tis card. I also like the way you grounded the PI girl with the vellum circle. Great design.

    ReplyDelete