Monday, November 23, 2015

My Favorite Things - Toasty Greetings

Hey there!   Life has been a little complicated for me lately.   We have had so much going on that I really have not had time to craft at all.    I barely have time to just get the basics done, like laundry and grocery shopping.    It has been crazy and not always the fun kind of crazy.  Some good and some bad but we make it through and life starts a new day!     I always try to find some time to create because this is my stress reliever!   This card started out one way and finished another.   I had colored up some other images to use but was not working for me.   I had the Toasty Greetings die cut and stamped and pulled some of those to use in this weeks sketch.   I was really trying hard not to make another holiday card because I just wanted to make a good old fashioned birthday card, you may remember those right?    But lately I have succumbed to not being very pragmatic with my purchases and ended up with a lot of new Christmas and Holiday stamps sets.   To use them all, I will be making holiday cards thru December, right into January!   I was weak, likely because I was not getting any really good crafty time and used my craft energy on shopping! :-)   I think some others out there can relate right?  

Now onto the card........  

The sketch is from this weeks My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge.    I used the MFT Birdie Brown Toasty Greetings stamp set for this card.  



The panel is made from Watercolor card stock and sponged with Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.   Then I cut with the Doubled Stitched Rectangle stax. I used Hero Arts white embossing powder to emboss the greeting from the stamp set and used a white gel pen to create some snow.  

The images were colored with Copics after being cut with the matching die cuts and I added some Distress Stickles for some glittery shimmer.    The snow panel was topped on top of some Wild Cherry Card stock cut with Rectangle 1 stax.     The faux washi banner is from Blueprints 13.    


The card was then layered together on some Kraft card stock. 



Stamps:  MFT Birdie Brown Toasty Greetings
Inks: Versamark, MFT Hybrid Black Licorice, Distress: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot
Papers: PI Kraft, MFT Wild Cherry, Watercolor, CopicXpress it, Lawn Fawn Peace Love Joy
Tools: MFT Double Stitched Rectangle stax, Rectangle stax 1, Toasty Greetings Dies, Blueprints 13, White Sakura Gel Pen, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder, Ranger Distress Stickles Diamond, Copics




Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment