Monday, March 21, 2016

Mama Elephant - Carried Away

I will be sharing three cards created from the Mama Elephant Carried Away Stamp set.  First up,  I created this card.


I wanted the background to look like a city building and he was being carried up into the sky.   I made the background using My Favorite Things English Brick Wall Stencil.   I used Distress inks in Pumice Stone and Weathered Wood.  I used some Salty Ocean on the sides of the panel.   The panel had been cut with My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 Stitched panel and I used Bristol card stock.   It is great when you are blending Distress inks and has a smooth finish. 

The sentiment was stamped with My Favorite Things Hybrid Black Licorice ink on Smooth White card stock and cut with the Mama Elephant Landscape Trio die for the cloudy border.  I also cut a Vellum Cloud border but it was mostly covered up with the large ballon.   You can barely see it peeking out from under the white border.  


The images were colored on Xpress it Copic Blending card stock and then cut out with my Brother Scan and Cut 2.   The balloon, boy and bear were popped up with the sentiment panel with foam tap.   The main panel was adhered directly to the card stock A2 panel.    I added some Clear Wink of Stella to the balloon, scarf and teddy bear for a little sparkle. 




Stamps:  Mama Elephant Carried Away
Inks: My Favorite Things Hybrid Black Licorice, Distress inks: Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood, Salty Ocean
Papers: Recollections White (base), MFT Smooth White (sentiment),  Bristol (panel), Copic Xpress it (images), Vellum
Tools: MFT Blueprints 13, Mama Elephant Landscape Trio, Wink of Stella Clear, Brother Scan and Cut 2


This would be a cute birthday card for anyone to receive!  

Thanks for stopping  by! I am entering this into the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenge for Cute and Cuddley! 













No comments:

Post a Comment