Sunday, April 3, 2016

My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Spring Friends

Happy Sunday!  What a beautiful weekend we had.   We had friends in town and beautiful weather!   Everything is blooming!  If only the yellow pollen would go away.     I got some inky time today to make a card.     I used my new Pure Innocence stamp, Spring friends and created a card loosely on this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I am mean real loose.    I call this a spot light technique where I match the background to the focal image.   I have done it with this post as well.  


The image was stamped in My Favorite Things Hybrid Hot Fudge Ink and colored with Copcis.    The focal point was cut out with a Circle 2 Stax dynamic and then layered with Stitched and Scalloped Circle Frame in Peach Bellini yardstick.  I am normally heavy handy with my Copic coloring but this time I left it really light and airy with the colors on the image.  
The focal image was popped up with foam tape. 



I used a cloud border die and some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to make the clouds in the sky.  You can barely see in the photos because I made them really light.   Some Sour Apple card stock was stamped with MFT Linen Background using Sour Apple Hybrid Ink.    The panel was mounted on a Stampin Up Early Espresso card stock A2 base. 

I used my White Sakura Gel pen and Clear Wink of Stella to add some finishing touches.   

Stamps:  MFT PI Spring Friends, Linen Background
Inks:   MFT Hybrid Hot Fudge, Sour Apple, Distress Tumbled Glass
Papers: MFT Smooth White, Copic Xpress it, MFT Sour Apple, Peach Bellini, SU Early Espresso
Tools: MFT Circle Stax 2, Blueprints 2, Stitched and Scalloped Circle Stax, Sakura White Gel Pen, Clear Wink of Stella, Copics




Thanks for stopping by! 


1 comment: