Sunday, May 15, 2016

Beautiful Ride by Simon Says Stamp

What a beautiful day here in the south!   Gorgeous rather chilly for May weather, but beautiful none the less.  I hope that you have had a great weekend!    I made some cards with this super cute stamp set this weekend with my Distress Inks for watercolors.   I embossed the images to make coloring quick and easy.  It is much easier to watercolor when the images have been embossed.    Both cards were colored at the same time.    However, on my first card here, I had a Distress ink bloom come up and it has happened to me before.   Little specks surface up and not sure why it is happening.    So I strategically placed my sentiment to cover up the little bloom mistake.



The images were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then clear embossed with some Hero Arts Fine embossing powder.  I colored the images with my Distress ink mini cubes (sorry - forgot what colors I used but there were many!) 






The second card was colored at the same time, no splotchy ink blooming on this card!  Not sure again why that happens - if anyone knows let me know, it looks like the bloom in the coloring developed chicken pox, little spots show up that are not very attractive.  :-). 

I had one teal bike and one red bike to vary up the coloring.    I added some Pico embelisher in clear and a little clear Wink of Stella underneath.   I splattered paint on the card below with my new Tim Holtz splatter brush, I need to practice with this brush a little more! 

This card I used some twine and a sentiment from the set to finish it off.   I also added some white specks with my new pen that is water based from Sharpie with a fine tip.   That is my kind of splatter - controlled!   Ha! 




Stamp:  Simon Says Stamp - Beautiful Ride 
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Various Distress Mini Ink Cubes
Papers: Carson Watercolor, MFT Grout Grey and Primitive White
Tools:  Black Velvet Paint brush in 2 and 4, Hero Arts Clear Fine Embossing Powder, TH Splatter brush, Pico Embellisher Clear, Wink of Stella Clear, Sharpie Fine White water based pen, Blue/white bakers twine from the Twinery.  






Thanks for stopping by! 




1 comment:

  1. I love your cards Tricia and I totally know what you mean about the heat embossing making it easier to watercolour! I'm quite liking the effect you got with the splatter brush too :)

    ReplyDelete