Sunday, October 2, 2016

Frightful Friends! My Favorite Things


Hope you are enjoying this nice fall weather!  I absolutely love this time of year!   I am in full swing making Halloween cards!  It's October after all!   This is a great set from My Favorite Things called Frightful Friends.   I just love the Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein images.   Did you ever watch that old black and white movie!   Brings back memories! I needed a card for a wedding shower do you think they will appreciate that it is October and Halloween is right around the corner?  I am using this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge but instead of a Portrait style, I switched it to a landscape.   See the link below for the challenge. 








Stamps Sets:  MFT Frightful Friends, Scattered Surface Background
Inks: MFT Hybrid Black Licorice
Papers: MFT Gravel Gray, Grape Jelly, Steel Gray, Neenah Solar White 110#
Tools: MFT Fishtail Flags Stax, Stitched Arch Stax, Blueprints 25, Blueprints 1



The images were stamped and colored with Copic Markers onto Neenah Solar White 110# card stock but instead of putting them on the front panel, they are stamped and placed inside the card and a peek a boo window is created with the Stitched Arch stax for the front of the card.    I did mask the candle as it is a separate image from the Bride and then stamped the Bride.    


The inside panel was cut down with the Blueprints 1 die.    The front panel was stamped with the Scattered Surface background stamp in the Black Licorice ink, cut with the Blueprints 25 die and layered onto a Steel Gray A2 card base.    






I created a second card with the same stamp set and used it with an Impression Obsession Sentiment, Monster Mash.   The vampire is from Frightful Friends.    I used some old Martha Stewart Halloween papers and kept it pretty simple on the card.     



Additional Stamps and tools noted below: 
MFT Double Stitched Rectangle Stax, Impression Obsession Monster Mash stamp (sentiment), SU Basic Black Card stock, Fence is from a retired MFT Die set called Spooky Scene





Thanks for joining me today!   Get out and enjoy the beautiful fall day!     





SaveSave

1 comment: