Monday, March 20, 2017

My Favorite Things - Space Explorer

I am sharing another card that I made with the My Favorite Things Birdie Brown Space Explorer set. I have been experimenting with making galaxy backgrounds.   They are so much fun to make.    To get ideas, go onto Pinterest and search for them and you will get so much inspiration for colors to add.





I used Distress Inks in the following colors to make this background:  Mustard Seed, Dusty Concord, Peacock Feathers, and Black Soot onto Bristol smooth cards stock.    I then splattered it with water and Copic Opaque white ink that had been watered down to thin it out.    I then sprayed and splattered it with some homemade shimmer mist.   Look in the photo at the very bottom of the post and you can see the shimmer it added. 






I decided to make it interactive with the MFT spinner circle spinner channels and the slider elements. The stamped images were stamped and colored with Copic markers.   I heat embossed the sentiment on some Black Licorice card stock from MFT.   






As a final embellishment, I added Glossy Accents to the Space Explorer's helmet.   


Thanks so much for stopping by!    

No comments:

Post a Comment