Sunday, June 25, 2017

My Favorite Things - Party like a Pirate

Happy Sunday!   I had a little crafty time today and finally got a chance to use this new set from Birdie Brown, Party like a Pirate.   I decided to play in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge - 338.    I stamped my images out and colored up all the images from the stamp set.   Now I have images ready to go on a card and may make a few more this week!

I started by using the cloud stencil and some Salty Ocean distress ink to add my waves.   I used an older Sun Ray stencil and Squeezed Lemonade for the sun.


The sand was created by blending Gathered Twigs and Rusty Hinge distress inks on some Bristol card stock and spraying it with water and inking again.    

I cut a white panel with the Stitched Rectangle Scalloped Frames and cut two panels.   I inked the background on one and did not use the second as the sand was added to the bottom.   This made the sand flushed with the frames.    



I stamped a A2 card base made of Sno Cone card stock with the Watercolored Stripes background stamp set using Simon Says Sea Glass ink.    I added my main panel to the card and popped up the colored images with foam tape.  I added some detail to the images with my white gel pen. 

I stamped the sentiment in Black Licorice Ink and added sequins for a final touch.  










Thanks for stopping by!   

No comments:

Post a Comment