Monday, January 28, 2019

SugarPea Designs - Chunky Monkey


Happy Monday!   It's Tricia back again today on the SugarPea blog with a birthday shaker card using the Chunky Monkey stamp set along with some SugarPea Sugar Cuts to build my shaker.  I stamped all the images from Chunky Monkey out twice on Neenah 80 lb card stock and colored them several different ways.   It was fun to practice coloring techniques and color combinations.    I only used two for my card, but now I have ton's of little monkeys for a future project.    







To create the shaker card, I water colored with Distress inks  (Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn) onto some water colored card stock and added multiple layers to get all the neat water lines.   I splattered the panel with water droplet's as well.  You end up not seeing much of it in the window because of the sequins but it was fun making it!  :-)    I die cut with the largest rectangle die from the Sugar Cut Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles a panel from 110 lb Neenah card stock and a small piece of green card stock.   I also used a circle from the Sugar Cut Zig Zag Stitched Circles and die cut the same panel to create a window.  







I layered some acetate behind the window and then added two layers of foam tape around the window and card panel.   To make it easy to add your foam tape, I use a big roll of Scotch 3m tape and double it up.  Then I remove the backing from both sides and it allows you to form the circle all the way around the window to create a well for your sequins.    I added a bunch of different types of sequins and some jewels to the water colored panel and then laid the window panel on top.   It is much easier for me to add the window panel directly to the card base then trying to add the card base to the window panel.   I stamped a sentiment from the Chunky Monkey stamp set onto the green panel and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  





For some finishing details, I added some more clear sequins to the top panel and a little bit of clear shimmer to the bananas.    I also added crystal glaze to the noses of the monkeys!    That is it for me this Monday!  See you next week with another project!   

I hope you have a fabulous and crafty week!  



































1 comment: