Monday, February 4, 2019

SugarPea Designs - Eskimo Kisses - Stretching Your Dies!

Happy Monday!   I am on the SugarPea Designs Blog sharing a card that I made using two techniques: Die Cutting Inlay and Altered Die Cutting.  Let's get started! 

For the card panel:  Altered die cutting allows you to take a die cut and alter the size or an area that is normally cut from the die.  It works best with symmetrical dies.   For this technique you run the die and the card stock thorough as normal. For my project I used the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles Sugar Cut with a white card stock panel and ran it thorough once.    Then I slide the die partially down the panel to create a smaller rectangle.  I line up the stitching lines as best that I can to avoid duplicate stitches and run through my die cutting machine again.










For the Die Cutting Inlay:   I used three sizes of the Zig Zag Stitched Circles Sugar Cut and laid them down to determine the placement that I wanted each.   Determine which one that you want inlayed on top of the other.   Run your white panel thru the die cutting machine with the size of the circle that you want behind and then leave the die cut piece in the panel and run it thru again with the smaller circle where you want it to overlap.     Just like when you are stamping and masking, the images behind will be cut with the images on top and then pieced back together like a puzzle.    I actually did this first and then ink blended my circles in a rainbow of Distress Oxide inks.






I stamped several images from the SugarPea Designs Eskimo Kisses stamp set.    I colored each of the images with my Copic markers and then added some details with a white gel pen, clear glitter pen and some glaze for the noses and eyes.   To add more detail to two of the circles, I used the Sugar Cut Star Dust to add stars and backed them with some silver glitter paper.








For the blue inked circle, I popped the circle on the card base up with foam tape and then trimmed the edges that hung off the panel.   I added my the images from Eskimo Kisses with foam tape.   The sentiment is also from the stamped set and was heat embossed onto some black card stock trimmed with a fishtail edge.    


That is it for me today!    See you guys back next Monday with another project!    Have a great week!





Products used today from SugarPea Designs: 




















1 comment: