Monday, November 23, 2015

Online Card Classes - Holiday Style - Cute and Whimsical Season's Tweetings

I got one card created after watching the Online Card Classes Holiday Style class.   I loved watching all the videos but had no time to create.    I loved Laura Fadora's Cute and Whimsical card and one layer wonder.    I tried out this technique and loved the results.   I rarely make one layer cards so this was pretty fun!






I started by stamping the Season's Tweeting PI Image onto Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock.   I created a mask using some post it note paper and stamped the bird image on the card.     Because I wanted to create texture to the jacket, I colored the jacket in and then applied some Colorless blender with a piece of textured fabric.   I let it dry and applied by mask on top of the PI image.   I used the snow drifts die cut out some more masking paper and created my snowy hill by using a blending tool and blended Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire lighty above the masking paper.   Don't overdue the sponging, you really want just to make the snow drift stand out and add a halo of color to the card and blend out to white. 








The greeting was stamped from My Favorite Things Hand Lettered Holiday with Versafine Onyx Black ink.   I used by MISTI to really get a solid black crisp image.     A white Sakura Gel pen was used to make the snow.   The images were then colored in with Copic Markers.   Because my markers bleed thru the back of the paper, I added a backing to the top with some very thin Stampin Up Whisper White card stock.   One layer wonder with some support!  




I just love the way the image pops from the card!     I will have to give this one layer wonder card another try!     Thanks for stopping by!   










No comments:

Post a Comment