Monday, June 6, 2016

Mermaid for you - Lawnscaping Challenge Off Kilter

I am popping in to share a card for a challenge that I saw today.   I bought this stamp set at my local scrapbook store this weekend and when I saw this challenge on the Lawnscaping Challenge web site, I knew exactly what I wanted to do!  

I started out by creating the background with Ken Oliver Color Bursts in Ultra Marine Blue and Pthalo Green to create the water background onto watercolor paper.   To create the sand,  I used Distress inks in Gathered Twigs and Rusty Hinge.   I spritzed with water to lift some of the color and  give the sand some texture.  


The images were colored with Copic markers and then fussy cut out.   I had stamped many images from the set and then laid them out to determine what images I would use for my under the water scene.    The mermaid on the right was tilted to the right (off kilter :-).   She looks to me like she is swimming backwards or floating upwards by tilting her.   The images were popped up off the card to add more dimension.    



Here is a photo to show the dimension lifting some of the images off the card panel and how it can make the images pop off the page.   

Here is a link for the challenge: 






The base was stamped with a My Favorite Things Background stamp called  Lots of Dots and stamped in MFT Summer Splash ink onto Summer Splash card stock.  See below for a full list of supplies.   Then for a final touch, I used my Sakura White Gel pen for some dot detail, I colored the shells, bubbles and seahorse with Wink of Stella clear for some sparkle and then coated them with the Pico Embellisher to make them glossy.   





Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You, MFT Lots of Dots Background
Inks: MFT Black Licorice Hybrid, Summer Splash dye, Ken Oliver Color Bursts (Ultra Marine Blue and Pthalo Green), Distress Inks  (Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs), Versamark
Papers: MFT Summer Splash, Smooth White, Arches Cold Press watercolor paper
Tools:  MFT Scalloped and Stitched Rectangle Stax, Rectangle Stax 2, Pico Embellisher - Clear, Wink of Stella Clear, Copics, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder,  ME Landscape Trio, Distress Sprayer, White Sakura Gel Pen


Thanks for stopping by!    Check out the challenge and join along!   

3 comments:

  1. Your rich colors are so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love your coloring. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and your colouring is fabulous :) Thanks for playing at Lawnscaping challenges.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete