Sunday, April 17, 2016

Forest Friends from My Favorite Things

Hey everyone!    I decided to pull out my watercolors this weekend.  It has been a while for me.  I have this new stamp set from MFT called Forest Friends.   I decided to use this weeks My Favorite Things Sketch and made a scene, loosely interpreting the sketch I would say!  

I could not get any good photos with my Canon Camera today.  I am not sure why but they all turned out a little blurry.  So these I shot with my Iphone.    



All products MFT unless otherwise noted.  
Stamps Set:  Forest Friends
Inks: Hybrid Black Licorice
Papers: Arches Cold Press Watercolor, Kraft 
Tools: Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax, Tremendous dies, Studio Calico Veneer stars, Peerless Watercolors, Grassy Fields border die, Sakura White Gel pen, Brother Scan & Cut 2









I started by watercoloring my trees and background.    Next I watercolored the images and cut them out with my Brother Scan & Cut.    Next I spritzed the trees and background with my Tim Holtz Spritzer and then picked up the water droplets with a paper towel to lift some color.  Next I splattered some color on with the same color that I colored the pieces.  




I colored the image with Peerless watercolors and let them dry after a base coat was completed.  Then I added one more layer of watercolor.  I used a Prisma Colored pencil for the blush on both of them.   To finish it off, I stamped my sentiment using my Misti to ensure that I got a nice solid image and then added the veneer stars.  




Thanks for stopping by!   Check out the sketch challenge here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment