Sunday, October 12, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas…… My Christmas Card #1


With all the stamp companies starting to release holiday inspiration, I could not help but get started making my Christmas cards for this year.   I like to make several different kinds.   I looked around to my stash and started thinking…





The one thing that I forgot to include in the supply pile was my Stampendous Sterling Silver embossing powder which I did for the main image. 

Here is card number 1: 





I started out with MFT Grout Gray card stock and cut out the main panel with my Blueprints 13 stitched rectangle.    Next I embossed the Close your ears deer Deer image from  Freshly Squeezed stamps.  They are no longer in business but there is a similar stamp by Essentials by Ellen on Ellen Hutson website.   I used Stampendous Sterling Silver embossing powder and Versamark ink.     To create the wreath, I used the Simon Says Stamp Heart Wreath in MFT Grout Gray and colored the leaves and hearts with a clear Wink of Stella pen.   I used my Tombow glue to adhere it to the panel.   

I added a red and white baker's twine bow, the twine is from Lawn Fawn.    The base of the card is MFT Steel Grey.    The sentiment is stamped in Hero Arts silver ink with a retired Stampin' Up set called Come to Bethlehem.   




For the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment again in Hero Arts Silver ink and added a strip of paper from Lawn Fawn: Peace, Love, Joy paper pad and a strip of SU Real Red card stock with the scalloped border punch.   

Thanks for stopping by today.   Stayed tuned for more Christmas card inspiration! 


Merry Christmas 2014




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! What do you store your dies in, btw? It looks like a pocket of some sort???

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an Avery Elle Stamp Pocket. I put all my dies and stamps in a stamp pocket to store. Thanks sweet comment!

      Delete