Sunday, June 21, 2015

Nautical Shaker Card - My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!    Today I created a nautical shaker card using the My Favorite Things Weekly Sketch.  

First off, I love shaker cards but they don't love me.  I always have a problem when I am trying to make one.  It never goes smoothly and I end up either chunking the card or starting all over.   So this card did not turn out exactly like I wanted.   The first one got chunked and my background became the left overs from making the first card so my ombre effect is in reverse order.     See below, the first card my waves started at the top with Smooth White Card stock, then Sno Cone, Berrylicious and then Night Shift blue.    But that one end up in the trash.   Anyways…….  I tried to salvage what I could and my waves ended up in reverse.    

I think it will be awhile again for me to make another shaker card!    





Stamps: MFT Pure Innocence Sailor Girl 
Inks: MFT Hybrid Black Licorice
Papers:  MFT Smooth White, Nightshift Blue, Sno Cone, Berrylicious, Neenah Solar white 80 lb., Acetate
Tools:  MFT Stitched Rectangle Frames, Pierced Flishtail Flag Stax, Stitched Scallop Edges, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins








Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on the shaker cards, lol! Love your sweet sailor girl!

    ReplyDelete