Monday, April 10, 2017

Lawn Fawn Mom + Me * Mother's Day Card

I was so inspired by Kristina Werner's card here, that I decided to do this with my Lawn Fawn Mom + Me Stamp set and make a Mother's Day card.     

Kristina did a video with masked ink blending and then used her Zig markers to color the image.   I basically followed her card but changed the images up.    I ended up using more blue (Chipped Sapphire) in mine because it looked nicer with the orange in the fox.   Orange and Blue are complementary colors and she has a video as well.   Check out this video for more on water color mixing but same can be applied to any color medium that will blend together. 




I used Bristol Smooth card stock which distress inks and Zig markers work very nicely on.    I cut out the heart image from some masking paper and then applied to my Bristol card stock.   I ink blended with Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass.   In the end I used more Chipped Sapphire over the Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass.   I liked the look much better in the end. 



The fox was water colored with the Zig markers and the stump was stamped in MFT Hybrid Chocolate Brown ink and then colored over with Zig markers.      I white heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set.   Then I trimmed the panel down and placed it on an A2 card covered with some patterned paper wrapped in ribbon.    

I just love how it turned out.    Thanks Kristina for your inspiration!   


Hope you have a fantastic day!  





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment