Thursday, July 25, 2019

SugarPea Designs - Strike Up the Band

Hello everyone!   It's Tricia here today sharing a slimline card with you today!   I love summertime and especially love it when you have a bright sunny clear blue sky!  It always puts a smile on my face.   I wanted to recreate that bright blue sky for my little parade using the Strike Up the Band stamp set. 





I started out with a slimline card panel, which is 8 1/4 by 3 1/2 inch card panel and ink blended with Distress Oxides:  Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, and Mowed Lawn.  The grass border was made with the Card Front Element Builder SugarCut with one of the border dies.   






I stamped the images from Strike Up the Band onto Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock and colored with my Copic markers.   I used the Strike Up the Band SugarCut to die cut the images out.   To add to my scene, I also used the Whatever the Weather SugarCut for the rainbow, clouds and sun.   The rainbow was colored with Copic markers, this is so much easier than die cutting from various colors of cardstock.   




The sentiment is from Strike Up the Band and was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink and then clear heat embossed.  I just love making these slimline cards and they will fit in a business size envelope.   They are so much fun when you want to create a scene card!  





Thanks for joining me today!   Happy crafting!   





2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest card, I just love it! I'm really liking the look of all of these slim line cards I've been seeing lately, but this one is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete