Sunday, October 25, 2015

Santa's Elves - My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge

Hey everyone!   Hope you are having a great weekend!  I really have not had a lot of time this weekend to make cards but have been coloring up these sweet elves from MFT Birdie Brown's Santa's Elves set.   I was really trying not to order a lot of Christmas stamps but I had to get these.   They are really cut and I just love their ears!   Anyways, I stamped and cut out a bunch of images this week and then when I had a chance, colored a few of them up with my Copic markers.     In between all my running around, I managed to get this card finished for the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge this week.  




I colored a set of these elves in traditional Christmas colors.   (Look out later this week for some of them colored in turquoise and blue! )  I stamped the Wild Cherry card stock with the Stripes Background and then cut out the panel with Blueprints 13 to put a stitched border around the panel.    I then cut a circle with the Circles 2 Stax and then added another cut out with the Stitched Dot Circle to give another peek of the Sour Apple card stock behind the red panel.


The Stitched Dot Circle pattern adds some dimension and interest to the card don't you think?   The panel behind is stamped with the new Sketched Chevron Background with Sour Apple Hybrid Ink and then cut the panel with Blueprints 2 to add a nice layer behind the Red Hot card stock.   


The images were colored in with Copic markers and then popped up on several layers of dimension foam tape and stacked on top of a tag that was cut using the MFT Tag Talk die set.    A scrap of Sour Apple card stock and red and white bow add some nice accents.   The sentiment is stamped from the new set Hand Lettered Holiday (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!)  I added some Christmas Red Stickles to the berries and covered the trim on the hat and stocking with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. 





Here is a list of supplies used to make this card: 

Stamps:  MFT BB Santa's Elves, Hand Lettered Holiday, Striped Background, Sketchy Chevron Background
Inks: MFT Hybrid Black Licorice, Sour Apple, Red Hot, Versafine Onyx Black
Papers: MFT Wild Cherry, Sour Apple, Smooth White, Recollections White(Base)
Tools: MFT Circle 2 Stax, Stitched Dot Circle, Blueprints 2 and 13, Tag Talk, Christmas Red Stickles,  Lawn Fawn Red/White Twine, Wink of Stella Clear, White Sakura Gel Pen


The sketch for this card was for the past's week My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 251.


Thanks for stopping by!   

Hope you have an awesome week!






4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely, positively adorable!!! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' cute and fits awesomely with the sketch this week! So well done. :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete