Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Reverse Confetti - Happy Fall-idays Blog Hop & Sale!

Today is the second day of our Fall-idays celebration at Reverse Confetti.   Today it is about Thanksgiving.  I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year and planning out the decor while my husband plans the menu!   He is the cook in our house! :-)   Lucky me!

I decided to make some decor for the place settings.  My place settings are a mix and match from my years of vintage flea market finds.  I wanted to create something homespun to add to the vintage flair.





For my supplies:  I used a small round embroidery hoop, fabric to stretch across the hoop, buttons, embroidery floss, felt, some ribbon and twine, water colored leaves from the Fall Foliage stamp set and Confetti Cuts, a sentiment from Mod Floral Stack and tag from the Box Wrap Combo.









To start, cover the hoop with your fabric panel and pull tightly thru and cut around the hoop to remove all excess fabric.    Next, I added the ribbon to the outer portion of the hoop with 1/8 inch Score Tape.   I water colored several pieces of paper with fall colors: yellow, orange and green and then stamped and heat embossed the images from Fall Foliages with white embossing powder.   




There is a sale going on right now with Reverse Confetti.  You can save 15% off your entire order by entering the code above.   The sale is October 8-10, 2018.   Take advantage of the discount while you can! 




I then die cut them out with the Fall Foliages Confetti Cuts.   I then used the Fall Foliages Confetti Cuts and die cut several pieces from the felt.    I did very primitive sewing with the embroidery floss on a couple of the leaves to give it that home spun feel.   Next I thread some vintage buttons with some hemp twine.    

I used my trusty glue gun to adhere the various pieces together.   I finished it off by stamping a sweet sentiment from the Mod Floral Stack onto the tag and tied it off on the hoop with more twine.   












6 comments:

  1. Tricia, absolutely gorgeous! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, your embroidery hoops are amazing. What a special thing to find as your place setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Love the addition of felt to the project

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place holder is gorgeous.
    Love the colors of the leaves
    and the use of the buttons (great
    to have some place to use all
    those vintage buttons). thanks
    for sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous place markers! I love the felt leaves :D xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete