Monday, February 25, 2019

SugarPea Designs - Parisian Holiday

Happy Monday!   It’s Tricia Barber and I am over on the SugarPea Designs Blog sharing my last guest designer post.  I used the Parisian Holiday stamp set and created a shaker card pairing it with the ParisScape Sugar Cut.   When I first got this set, I stamped out several of these images and colored them with my Copic markers.  I love doing this, as I love the coloring process.   I had several to pick from and I ended up building my card around this sweet image that I colored.   Now I have several left over for some cards in the future. 





For the card base, I used the largest Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle with some peach card stock and then used post it tape to mask off stripes and ink blended with some peach ink.  I used the Zig Zag Stitched Circle SugarCut to create my shaker foundation.   I started by selecting two of the largest circle dies and created a grey frame and then layered it with a piece of acetate that had been die cut with the largest circle.









I used the next smallest circle die and die cut a white circle and then layered the ParisScape on top and trimmed the edges down.   The bonus was I got an inner layer of the stitching to the window.   I stamped the Bonjour sentiment on the white circle.  I adhered this to the card panel that had been inked.    I added all my shaker bits on top of the circle and used several different types and colors.   I prefer putting the shaker bits on top of my card and then adding the window, I find it is much easier to add the window on top rather than line your card panel up with the filled window.   




For the shaker window, I added a double layer of foam tape.   I remove the adhesive backing of the foam tape and it makes it easier to curve around the circle cut. The clouds are from Whatever the Weather SugarCuts.    I finished it off by adding a few more sequins to the outside.    I have had such a great time joining in with SugarPea Designs.   Thank You Wendy for the opportunity!  

SugarPea Designs Products Used today: 











No comments:

Post a Comment