Thursday, October 26, 2023

Interactive Haunted House - Taylored Expressions

Hello! I hope you are having a wonderful day!  I am sharing a card that I created for the Inspired By Challenge this week.  The theme this week is Boo!  I had this card in mind with the Haunted Mansion Cutting Plate and the Moonlight Layering Stencil.   I made an easel card so that the moon would be able to move around the sky.   

I started by inking a panel of Plum Punch cardstock with Huckleberry and Plum Punch inks.  I then stamped the panel with the Spiderweb Cling and Clear Combo stamp with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I then splattered the panel with Dr. PH Martin's Bleed Proof White ink.   I then used the Moonlight Layering stencil and blended with Potato Chip, Mango and Pineapple inks.  I die cut the moon out with a circle die.  

I die cut the Haunted Mansion Cutting Plate three times from Black Licorice cardstock.  I adhered two of the die cuts together and then layered some orange vellum in between the layered haunted house and the third die cut.  I also layered up the moon with another die cut circle.  I poked a hole for a brad above the window on the top right of the haunted house.   I layered one of the ghosts from Little Critters Halloween to cover the brad.  I colored several of the Little Critter images with my Copics and some Olo markers.  I stamped and die cut some sentiments using the Exclamation Points Die and Clear combo set.  

To assemble the card, I used an A2 card base and scored at 2 3/4 inches.  I trimmed the inked panel in half and adhered to the card panel with liquid adhesive.  I then added liquid adhesive to the lower half of the panel being careful not to add any adhesive to the upper part.   I then adhered my stamped and die cut little critters to the panel with a mixture of foam tape and liquid adhesive.  The inside panel I used a sentiment from Ghostly Greetings stamp set and die. 

Check out this video here for a peek at how the card works!   



Come join along with this weeks Inspired By Challenge!! Happy Halloween!  

No comments:

Post a Comment