Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 206 and a Snow Day!

Hey there!  Hope you had a great day!  We had about 3 inches of snow and sleet today in my neck of the woods!   They are predicting that we will have more tonight!   I live north of Atlanta and we are not used to this type of weather.  It is super cold!  


I have a bright and sunny card to share with you today using the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 206.  












I was craving sunshine and warm days when I created this card.    I used a newer My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Wish you were here image.    I cut it out and paper pieced her outfit with some Basic Grey True Love paper.    I created the scene using a Pierced Circle Stax from MFT out of SU Baja Breeze card stock.    I used some MFT Jelly Bean Green paper to create the grass and used my Mama Elephant Landscape Trio die for the grass border die.   I added MFT Flat Bottomed Clouds to the sky.   The card was layered up with some Lily Bee Design Sweet Shop 6x6 patterned paper.   








I made a little boo boo on my bench when I was coloring the edges with a black marker.  I accidentally made a black mark across the colored bench and had to cover it up.   So I dug in my stash and found this  MFT mini wavy pennant to cover it up so you would never know!  (Our little secret!)   The Hello sentiment is from another MFT PI image, Owl Costume.   

Doesn't she look so springy!  Perfect for this snowy day!








I used a ton of dimension dots to pop up the image and the circle from the card base.   To finish off the card, I added a small MFT Fishtail Flag Stax at the top with a Berrylicious button to top it off.  


Thanks for looking!  Here is a look at the snow that we got today!  This is my hubby and son having a snow ball fight.   Hope you can stay warm!   Thanks for stopping by!









3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!! This is Absolutely Adorable! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that...OMG! This is adorable. How cute. xx Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you created a scene in just the circle. It turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete