Tuesday, March 12, 2019

SugarPea Designs - Pretty Peonies

Happy Hello to you!   It's Tricia here today and I am sharing a card that I made with the Pretty Peonies stamp set.    This time of year, I am so ready for spring and start thinking about flowers to plant.   When I look at this stamp set, I think of the pretty vintage seed packets and so this is what inspired my card for today.    



I started off by stamping the largest flower from Pretty Peonies with a waterproof ink onto some Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor paper.   Now, I am going to admit to you that the first time I colored the image, I was not happy at all with it and so this is my round two colored image.  






I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to watercolor the flower.    Once it was done, I splattered it with some black ink.    






I die cut the image with the Sugar Cut Postage Stamp.    I wrapped some twine along the bottom.    









I stamped a sentiment onto black card stock and then white heat embossed it.    I trimmed the edges into a flag shape.   For my card base, I used some Kraft card stock and die cut some ice blue card stock with the Sugar Cut Arrow Cover Plate.   







 I sponged some kraft ink along the edges of the ice blue and the stamped image.    I always need a little bit of sparkle on my card so I added some crystal sequins to finish it off.    Hope you have a wonderful day! 




Thank you for stopping by! 





No comments:

Post a Comment