Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wonderful Mistake!


This card started off being something totally different.   I have been playing with my Distress inks and markers this past week making backgrounds.   I love watching Kristina Werner's blog and You Tube channel and got on a kick with the Distress inks.    I was trying to make the background pink, yellow and orange but it just was not working.   I used my markers to put ink on the water color paper and when I added water the marker lines were still showing.   I gave up on it and left it alone for a couple of days and then sprayed it with water again.   I kept adding ink and water and used my heat gun to dry in between.    It still did not look just write so I laid my Simon Says Medium Dot Stencil and blotted water on top.   It added just a subtle effect.   Then I splattered it with some Heidi Swap Gold Color Shine.    I really loved how it turned out.


Here are some close ups to see the gold shine added. 




Stamps:  MFT LJD Pretty Poppies
Paper:  MFT Pink Lemonade, MFT Whip cream, watercolor, MFT Fuse Green 
Ink: Delicata Gold
Tools: Distress Markers, Heidi Swap Gold Color Shine, MFT Blueprints 2, MFT Feathers & Arrows, Vintage button, twine, Mama Elephant Femme Frames


Just goes to show, don't throw away your mistakes.   You may be able to give it a fresh look or use it in a different way!  
Thanks for stopping by!

I am adding a link to the Catered Crop



I have linked this card to Put a bird on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment