Saturday, May 26, 2018

Reverse Confetti - Stock Your Stash Challenge

Hey there!   It is the final week of the new Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge.  In the month of May, the theme was Birthday.   You can make anything that you want for the challenge but it must be birthday themed!  Please make sure that you check out the Reverse Confetti Blog and the Stock Your Stash post for more details.   


The challenge will post on the 1st of each month and be open till noon CST on the 29th of the month.  You can enter as many times as you wish!   Check out the post on the 1st for all the details.    I am sharing my creation for the Birthday challenge for May.   I used the adorable Heart Spots stamp set with several of the release products:  Blocked Out Square Panel (used as a stencil) and the Stitched Squares Confetti Cuts.  











I colored the Heart Spots with my Copic Markers and then die cut them out with the Heart Spots Confetti Cuts.   I added some glaze to the eyes and noses.    For my background, I took a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and die cut it with the Stitched Squares Confetti Cuts and then ink blended with Parakeet and Grass inks onto the edges and coming to the center but not covering the full panel. 

I cut another piece of cardstock with the Blocked out Square Panel and then used this to stencil the Grass ink around the edges as well.   I used Parakeet ink to fade it out towards the center.   Then I splattered some green watercolor paint on the panel covering the center so that it remained clean. 








I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Sentiment Essentials stamp set onto Midnight cardstock and then die cut it with the Sentiment Essentials Confetti Cuts.   Once my inked and splattered panel was dry I added it to a 4 1/2" square card panel made from white cardstock.   I attached all my Heart Spot images and the Happy Birthday sentiment with foam tape.   I added a black and white twine bow to finish it off. 








I hope that you will play along with the new challenge at Reverse Confetti!   I love that you can create whatever you want, in line of course, with the theme for the month!   Come check it out and play and if you post your creations on social media, please be sure to use the hashtag: #SYSChallenge

Happy Crafting!!!! 














SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment