Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Here Comes Santa - SugarPea Designs

Hey there!   Tricia here with you today and I am all in the holiday spirit!   I just love the new Holiday release so much and it has really gotten me in the mood for creating holiday cards.   Christmas Characters is so adorable and it is so much fun to use.    






Instead of putting Santa on a tag, I decided to make him the focal point of my card!   I did the traditional colors for Santa and just used plain cardstock.  They are so easy and fun to put together.   Once I put him together,  I popped him up on my card panel with foam tape.  I could see repeating this design with several of the Christmas Characters. 






For my background, I used the new Oh So Jolly sentiments and stamped them repeatedly and white embossed them on black cardstock.   I covered the black cardstock with an embossing buddy to ensure that I don't get the stray embossing powder.   I used the largest die from the Card Front Element Builder and added the stitched details to the edges of the card panel.   I decided to add this to a kraft card base.    I tied some red and white twine around the top of the card.   






For the sentiment, I used the Everyday Sentiments and stamped the Merry Christmas and die cut it out with the Sentiment Strips.  I white heat embossed the sentiment as well.    To finish off the card, I used Christmas Red Stickles to the holly berries.  





Thank you for joining me today!   I hope that I have given you some inspiration to start your holiday crafting!  





No comments:

Post a Comment