Thursday, December 17, 2020

SugarPea Designs - Hey Honey Christmas Tags

 I love making Christmas tags this time of year!  I use them on all of my presents and give them away as well.   I love looking for ways that I can take a stamp set and make it a holiday project or use them in a different way from what they originally were for! I found the perfect pair!  Hey Honey stamp set and the Pocket Tag Christmas Characters SugarCut.   If you want to see a post where I turned the Pocket Tag Christmas Characters into Halloween, check that out here




I stamped out two bears with the Hey Honey stamp set onto kraft cardstock.  I then die cut out the nose with the Hey Honey SugarCut.   I added some details by adding some pink cheeks to each of the bears and then added the nose with liquid adhesive right on the stamped bear.  No coloring required, so this made for a quick and easy process with the bears.    



I then needed to decide on what characters to use from the Pocket Tag Christmas Characters SugarCut and went with Santa and a Reindeer -- ha! ha! Get it?  Santa and his reindeer, Rudolph!  I die cut the santa hat and trim, the scarf, the antlers, a red nose and the holly using the Pocket Tag Christmas Characters SugarCut.    

The Santa Hat and Scarf were for the first bear.   I added some details to the scarf with a large white Sharpie.  His hat got a nice coat of clear sparkle.   For the Reindeer, I added his antlers, the red nose for Rudolph and the holly & berries to the second bear.  I added some red glitter to the berries and a little white dot to the red nose!   I popped the red nose up for a little dimension!   You could make so many more tags with the Pocket Tag Christmas Characters and Hey Honey - a snowman, elf, penguin! 

So much fun!!



I layered each bear onto a tag that had been created with the Postage Stamp Cover Panel SugarCut and stamped with the Buffalo Check stamp set.  I always die cut two tag bases - so each tag had a green and kraft colored Postage Stamp Sugar Cut using the smallest die.   This make the tag looked finished on the backside.  I added the sentiment from Everyday Sentiments and die cut it with the Sentiment Strips.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment