Wednesday, December 23, 2020

SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge - December

 I am up for this month's Mix It Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs.   In this challenge you can use the inspiration photo or sketch.  Or you can mix it up and use both!   I went with the inspiration photo and of course needed to use the Gnome for Christmas.   This may be my last Christmas card for the year!  Hard to believe that Christmas is almost here! 

 

I love this stamp set and stamped out all the images because I can't help myself.  They are so much fun to color!  I used my Copic markers and went with the traditional green and reds for my Christmas Gnome.   I die cut the images out with the matching Gnome for Christmas SugarCut.   


I decided to use the Snow Globe SugarCut for my little Gnome scene.   I die cut the circle from white cardstock and with the inside of the globe ink blended with Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide inks.   The red and green just pop off that blue sky!   I die cut the base for the snow globe from red cardstock and then stamped my sentiment from Gnome for Christmas onto the sentiment strip from the Snow Globe SugarCut die set.   


For my mail panel, I stamped the Merry Christmas from the Oh So Jolly Sentiments stamp set onto kraft cardstock and repeated it over and over.   I used the holly leaves to stamp in the gaps.   I then filled the panel with the stamped sentiment.    I die cut it out with the largest die from the Postage Stamp SugarCut.   I layered this onto a kraft cardbase.   

You still have till December 31st to play along!




No comments:

Post a Comment