Wednesday, October 13, 2021

SugarPea Designs - Mix It Up Challenge- S"more Fun


It's time again for a new Mix It Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs!  Each month there is a new challenge with an inspiration photo and a sketch that you can pick one or mix it up!   I drew inspiration for my card from the photo this month.  Nothing better than cozy flannel and some warm cookies! 


I decided to create a S'more Treat Gift Card Holder.   I used the snowman from the Christmas Characters SugarCut as the topping of my S'more.   To create the S'more, I die cut two panels:  1) one from the Postage Stamp Cover Plate from kraft cardstock and then inked the edges with some brown ink. 2) for the chocolate layer, I die cut from espresso cardstock with the Stitched Rectangles and inked the edges with dark brown ink.  





I layered my graham cracker and chocolate onto a panel of cream cardstock that had been stamped with the Buffalo Check Background Stamp to mimic the flannel blanket.  I adhered the panels with liquid adhesive to A2 card base.   I die cut all the pieces of the snowman from the Christmas Characters SugarCut and then layered onto the Floral Pocket Tag SugarCut.   The snowman will hold a gift card tucked behind in the pocket on the back of the tag.   My sentiment is from Cool Treats and went perfectly with this card!  


 Come play along in the challenge!   The full rules are below but you can also see this month's challenge and information on the SugarPea Designs blog post!  Thank you for stopping by! 


1 comment: