Tuesday, April 13, 2021

SugarPea Designs - Go Bananas Birthday Card

 Hey there!  Tricia here with you today to share a fun birthday card.  I have never made a shadow box card but have always wanted to try.  I watched Jennifer McGuire's video and it was super easy.   I made my shadow box card with the Chunky Monkey stamp set along with the Leaf Canopy Stencil. 



I started with some light yellow cardstock and ink blended with yellow ink and ink blending tool over the panel using the Leaf Canopy Stencil.  It is cut slightly smaller than 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches.   I created two white panels measured 6 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches.  Score on each side at 1/2 inches and 1 inch.   



I die cut a circle from the front panel using the SugarCut Bamboo Garden.   I then stamped a sentiment from Chunky Monkey on the front.   I lined the back with some light green cardstock.  


I stamped my images from Chunky Monkey stamp set and colored with my Copic markers.   I cut some extra images to back the monkey and the tree limb.  Instead of using the acetate, I just adhered the monkey and limb to the front panel and the directly adhered the other two limbs directly to the yellow cardstock.  I adhered some crystal jewels to the panel for a little sparkle!   My first shadow box card!  Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment