Tuesday, May 12, 2020

SugarPea Designs - Gnome for Christmas

Hello!   It's Tricia here today sharing a card inspired by my gnome garden!   I have a new one that I created this spring with the cutest little gnomes.  As I was looking through my stamps, I saw the Gnome for Christmas and knew that I could make a spring inspired card!   I started going through more of my SugarPea Designs stamps to see if I could find other stamps to pair with it to "spring" it up.   I found the perfect little accessories with Hey Summer.  I used the birds and flowers from the set.    




I decided to do a slimline card design.  I love these and I have perfected the measurements so that I can use one sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 inch card stock.   The panel measures 3 1/2 by 8 1/4 inches.  Cut 3 1/2 inches off the long side of the card.   This will leave 7 1/2 by 8 1/2 left for the card base scored at 3 3/4 inches.   




I started by ink blending with Distress Oxides inks onto the card panel with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.   I created the grassy area by using the Card Front Element Builder 
and die cutting some scrap white card stock with one of the border dies from the set.  I inked this strip up with Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.   I stamped a sentiment from another oldie but goodie stamp set called Chunky Monkey.   I thought that the sentiment was perfect for today's environment! 






I stamped the images Gnomes and Trees from Gnome for Christmas and stamped the flowers and birds from Hey Summer onto Neenah card stock and then colored with my Copic markers.   I die cut them out with the Gnome for Christmas and Hey Summer SugarCut. 




To finish off my little scene, I die cut the clouds and sun from the Whatever the Weather SugarCut.   I added a few details with a white gel pen and then added some crystal sequins.   It turned out perfect and matches my little gnome garden.  Thanks for stopping by today!  






No comments:

Post a Comment