Friday, April 24, 2020

Whimsy Stamps - Polka Dot Pals Mini Release


Hey there! I hope that you are doing well!   I am back again today to share another Mini Release for Whimsy Stamps.   Today I have two cards to share - for my first project I am using Polka Dot Pals Mason.




I colored my image with Copic markers.  I love these Polka Dot Pal stamps and digital images!   They are super cute.  You can also mix different elements from the various sets.   This set has a super cute unicorn with it.    




For my background, I used the Grass and Cloud Edger die and created a stencil from card stock by die cutting with both the cloud dies on the 5 1/4 inch panel.   I then ink blended with the die cut stencil and used Distress Oxides: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey with a blender brush.   




For the sentiment, I used the sentiment from the Polka Dot Pals Mason set.   I added a few crystals to finish off the card.   

Take a look at some of the Design Team inspiration projects with this mini release! Aren't they amazing! 



For my next project, I used one of the Polka Dot Pals Fern Grassland Ponder Coloring Scene.   I printed the image onto Neenah 80 lb card stock and then colored with my Copics but also added in some colored pencils with my Copic coloring.  




When coloring a full scene, I find that using Prisma Colored Pencils is something that has been new for me.  I added to the grass and was not too happy with it but it's a learning experience.   The more I practice the easier it will be to use them!    




These are great images to print out for my niece's and nephew when they come to my craft room.   They love to make cards and use my craft supplies.  I think these are great because if they mess it up, it is ok, they just get another one to color! 




I die cut the panel out with the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle.  I used the Giraffe Smiles stamp set for the sentiment.   I added some twine to the top of the card to finish it off.   


Check out the new release on the Whimsy Blog Here!  

Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles Die Set - Whimsy StampsGiraffe Smiles Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps

1 comment: