Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Whimsy Stamps - Polka Dot Pals Syeda

Hey there!  I am on the Whimsy blog today sharing a Copic coloring tutorial using Polka Dot Pals Syeda stamp set.  I stamped the image onto Neenah 80 lb. cardstock and then trimmed the image out.  I always like to start with skin tones.   I love to see the image start to come to life as you are coloring.   



Face and arm:  E000, E00, E21, E11, R20 
Pig: R30, R11, R32

I typically do two layers of color and really depending on the color I swap back and forth from light to dark or dark to light.   With colors that tend to bleed, I will use the dark to light method so I don't lay down too much ink.   I have found as long as I keep the marker area wet, I get a better blend. 



For her outfit, I knew for sure that I wanted a red apron and paired it with a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt.   Of course, she needed some fancy boots to go with her outfit, I colored them as if they were a pair of Ugg's.   I had a little of the red bleed over into the T-shirt.   I color on top of a stack of papers and when a mistake happens I use my 0 to lift the color.   Once I use the Colorless blender, I will push the paper down and the papers underneath will absorb the color.   

Apron and Headband: R22, R24, R27, R29, C0, C1
T-shirt: C0, C1
Jeans: B95, B97, B99
Boots: E30, E31, E35, E37
Hair: YR21, YR24, E99




  To finish off the image I added some details with a white gel pen.  A few polka dots for her apron pocket and then I used the gel pen to add highlights to the image. 




For my main card panel, I stamped a card base of light aqua cardstock with the new Criss Cross Gingham Background Rubber stamp with some aqua ink.   I cut another panel of light aqua cardstock with the largest scalloped oval from the Spring Ovals Die Set.   I cut some white and green cardstock with the next largest die.  I just love the die cut flowers around the die cut and the detail that it adds.   I trimmed the green cardstock down with the Wavy Edgers Die set.   




I used a sentiment from the Happy Sky stamp set and stamped it onto the smallest Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles Die Set.    I added a flower created with the No See All Seasons Tree Die set.   

Thank you so much for joining me today!   



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete