Thursday, September 10, 2020

Whimsy Stamps Mini Release - Halloween Postage

 Hello!   Whimsy Stamps has a new mini release today and I have this cute Halloween Postage card to share with you today using the new Halloween Postage stamp set and Postage Window A2 die.  

When I saw both of these sets, I immediately had the idea of a Halloween Tic Tac Toe game.   You can really use this to create a fun game for little ones to get them excited for Halloween.   So as I was planning out my images for each of the blocks, I used similar colors for the blocking of the images.  You can stamp the images again and use for drawing to call out.   I hope that makes sense!   The Trick or Treat sentiment is a "free space".    


I started by die cutting a panel of white and black cardstock with the Postage Window A2 die.  With the white die cuts, I planned out my images for stamping.   I used my MISTI and lined up the white pieces into the die cut and used some removable adhesive to hold them down.   I then was able to stamp all the images from Halloween Postage at once with my MISTI!   You can then swap it up and use some other of the stamped images and create a set of panels for the game.  



Instead of ink blending my panel, I decided to use my Copics to color in the backgrounds.   This gave me the ability to pick and chose my background colors.   



I added some final details with a clear sparkle pen and some Nuvo drops.   Check out what the design team has done with this week's mini release in the photo below!   Check out the Whimsy Stamps blog to see all the new release products for September! 


I hope you have a happy day!   


Supplies used for the project today: 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment